Tilson Live! Ask Us Anything About Building On Your Land - September 27, 2022
Build On Your Land, Live Seminars
This episode of Tilson Live! is all about you! We answer all of our viewers' questions about building on their land in Texas. Eric and Dawn are joined by special guest, Justin Ordeneaux, SVP of Construction for Tilson Homes. We cover all your questions about financing, the building process, and more.
Click on the blue dots in the video play bar to jump to the next section.
- 00:00 Intro Video
- 00:50 Welcome & Introductions
- 03:45 Re-introducing Justin Ordeneaux
- 05:32 Viewer Welcomes
- 06:50 What options are available for lots with a slope?
- 12:45 What is the process before the foundation pour?
- 16:54 How and when should we add gutters?
- 19:30 Who is the best person to work with to get started?
- 20:28 How do we make sure the foundation is level?
- 21:51 How does the financing work?
- 29:37 When do our warranties start?
- 30:14 Should I water my slab after it is poured?
- 33:39 Does Tilson offer any incentives on their homes?
- 38:27 When do we talk about flatwork design?
- 44:02 Can I work on land prep paperwork items from out of state?
- 47:10 When do we get sent to the title company?
- 48:38 What's the average cost for adding garage space?
- 51:32 What is the ballpark time until foundation pour?
- 53:19 What happens after countertops and tile go in?
- 56:53 Is the cost of concrete coming down?
- 01:00:44 When do we put in propane?
- 01:02:19 Update on the Waco models
- 01:02:55 Construction timeline from foundation to finish
- 01:04:37 Wrap Ups & Goodbyes
Related Articles from Tilson Homes
Have Questions? Ask Us!
Have questions about building a new home with Tilson? We’re here to help you get started and guide you along the way. Fill out the form below and someone will be in touch shortly.