Tilson Live! The Building Process and Materials - May 17, 2022
On this week's Tilson Live, Dawn is joined by VPs of Construction, Tom Homer and Nick Yeats. They'll discuss the entire construction process from groundwork to the final walk-through and discuss all the materials used by Tilson Homes during construction. Plus, they'll answer all your questions live!
What We Cover:
- Tilson's History & The Steps Prior to Construction
- Steps in the Building Process for Your New Home
- Important Things to Keep In Mind During Construction
Click on the blue dots in the video play bar to jump to the next section.
- 0:00 Intro Video
- 00:51 Welcome & Introductions
- 04:14 Viewer Welcomes
- 06:58 Construction Process & Practices
- 07:25 Tilson Homes History & Steps Before Construction
- 09:53 Foundation Process
- 16:14 Material Delivery
- 17:05 Framing
- 17:32 House Wrap & Roof Deck
- 19:59 Viewer Questions
- 37:39 HVAC Rough
- 38:52 Plumbing Rough
- 40:13 Electrical Rough
- 41:38 Fiberglass Insulation - Climate Zone 2
- 43:03 Spray Foam Insulation - Climate Zone 3
- 44:13 Sheetrock Process
- 44:47 Exterior Finishes
- 45:28 Interior Finishes
- 47:25 Final Inspections
- 48:13 Your Finished Home
- 51:27 A Few Things to Keep In Mind
- 56:08 Viewer Questions
- 01:02:22 Wrap Up & Goodbyes
This episode of Tilson Live provides a great overview of our processes and materials used. To learn more, visit the Quality Construction section of our website. We go through all the steps of construction and provide additional resources.
Related Articles from Tilson Homes
Have Questions? Ask Us!
Have questions about building a new home with Tilson? We’re here to help you get started and guide you along the way. Fill out the form below and someone will be in touch shortly.