Tilson Live: Preparing Your Land for Building a New Home - April 11, 2023
Developing your land for building a new home is a unique aspect of building on your land. On this week's live Eric Alarid and Dawn Dantzler discussed what you need to know about preparing your land for construction. They covered everything from the documents you'll need to get started, to site prep and installing utilities. This is an informative Live you won't want to miss!
- 00:00 Intro Video
- 00:47 Welcome & Introductions
- 02:43 Introduction To This Week's Topic
- 05:30 Event Sign-up: Behind the Sheetrock
- 07:23 Viewer Welcomes
- 08:55 Viewer Question: When does the walk-through happen?
- 13:00 Today's Topic: Developing Land For Building A Home
- 13:31 Discussion Overview
- 14:19 What is Build on Your Lot?
- 14:45 Pre-Construction Responsibilities
- 15:56 Necessary Items Before You Can Build
- 16:14 Documents Needed To Build
- 16:41 Deed To Property
- 17:29 Title Insurance
- 19:12 Title Insurance
- 21:52 Deed Restrictions
- 24:52 Viewer Questions
- 30:01 How old can a land survey be?
- 33:40 How long is a title policy good for?
- 33:57 Discussion on Utilities
- 36:52 Power
- 41:01 Water Well or Meter
- 42:35 Sewer or Septic
- 45:35 Natural or Propane
- 46:41 Discussion on Site Access
- 48:42 Discussion on Site Planning & Preparation
- 49:37 Site Evaluation & Stake Out
- 50:50 Site Plan
- 51:55 Side Clearing
- 53:19 Groundwork
- 54:12 Summary
- 54:35 Viewer Questions & Comments
- 01:00:29 Does Tilson clear the land for you?
- 01:10:00 Wrap Up & Goodbyes
Related Articles from Tilson Homes
Have Questions? Ask Us!
Have questions about building a new home with Tilson? We’re here to help you get started and guide you along the way. Fill out the form below and someone will be in touch shortly.