Tilson Live: Building An Energy Efficient Home - May 3, 2022
Construction Practices, Live Seminars
On this week's Tilson Live, we talk about energy efficiency in new homes. Eric and Dawn cover the process of building a "tight" home by managing water, air, and heat. The result is a high-performing home that is more energy-efficient, comfortable, and durable. Plus, they answer questions throughout the show.
What We Cover:
- What Makes a Home Energy Efficient?
- Explanation of a HERS Score
- How We Manage Water in Your Home
- How We Manage Air in Your Home
- How We Manage Heat in Your Home
Click on the blue dots in the video play bar to jump to the next section.
- 0:00 Intro Video
- 00:48 Welcome & Introductions
- 03:32 Viewer Welcomes
- 04:47 Your Energy Efficient Tilson Home
- 05:12 Explanation of the HERS Index
- 06:28 What Makes a Home Energy Efficient?
- 06:52 Managing Water
- 15:30 Viewer Questions
- 23:16 Managing Air
- 28:54 Viewer Questions
- 40:06 Managing Heat
- 01:02:19 Viewer Questions
- 01:08:38 Wrap Up & Goodbyes
Related Articles from Tilson Homes
Have Questions? Ask Us!
Have questions about building a new home with Tilson? We’re here to help you get started and guide you along the way. Fill out the form below and someone will be in touch shortly.