Tilson Live! Ask the Builder - Tom Homer, VP of Construction - February 21, 2023
Construction Practices, Live Seminars
Whether you are curious about the building process or ready to take the plunge and build your dream custom home, this Tilson Live episode will surely have something for you. In this week's Tilson Live, our co-hosts, Eric Alarid and Dawn Dantzler are joined by Tom Homer, VP of Construction at Tilson Homes. In this video you will learn about all the things that come with building a home, from groundwork to the final walk-through, they'll be taking you through all the steps.
- 00:00 Intro Video
- 00:51 Welcome & Introductions
- 02:06 Re-Introducing Tom Homer
- 05:01 Viewer Welcomes
- 07:16 Cable Prep Discusion
- 09:11 What happens after I have land?
- 10:54 What are we looking for at site prep?
- 15:29 Why does Tilson not set up utilities?
- 17:15 Viewer Comments
- 18:28 Electric Co-op Discussion
- 22:42 City Electric Discussion
- 25:31 Why might some land need a culvert?
- 28:52 Bluebonnet Electric Co. Discussion
- 32:44 What are the title actions for a BML to close?
- 34:45 Title actions on a loan deal
- 36:46 Title actions on a cash deal
- 37:55 Viewer Comments
- 42:01 At what point should I get my pre-approval?
- 44:46 Thoughts on the Medina Lake area?
- 46:04 Addressing issues in the build process
- 50:37 A day in the life of a Tilson Builder
- 54:26 Build timeframe discussion
- 55:29 Wrap up and goodbyes
Related Articles from Tilson Homes
Have Questions? Ask Us!
Have questions about building a new home with Tilson? We’re here to help you get started and guide you along the way. Fill out the form below and someone will be in touch shortly.